Assessment & Management of Acute Hand Injuries
Start Date: 01-03-2019
Venue: The Enterprise Centre, The University of Derby, Bridge Street, Derby, DE1 3LD
One day comprehensive course suitable for all A&E staff, CTS, ST1,2 + 3, ENPs, Nurses & Therapists, covering all major aspects of acute hand injuries, when to treat and when to refer.
The content of this course covers:
- Anatomy of the Hand; Assessment of Hand Injuries; Reading Hand X-rays, Fractures and Dislocations
- Hand Infections; Extensor and Flexor Tendons; Medico Legal Pitfalls
- Problem Soft Tissue Injuries; Local Anaesthesia; Major Injuries & Replantation
Further workshops cover:
- Examination of Neurovascular and Tendinous Hand
- Conservative Management of Hand Injuries
- Examination of Ligaments and Skeleton of the Hand
The course provides 6 CPD points.
Past delegates have frequently included staff from A&E and MIUs.
Previous feedback has included: ” I have enjoyed being taught by your faculty” … “I found the course extremely useful and relevant to my everyday work”.
Jill Arrowsmith, Consultant Hand Surgeon, Pulvertaft Hand Centre, Derby
Emma Bamford, Extended Scope Practitioner, Pulvertaft Hand Centre, Derby
Alex Kocheta, Consultant Hand Surgeon, Rotherham General Hospital
Mary O’Brien, Consultant Hand and Plastic Surgeon, Pulvertaft Hand Centre, Derby
Andrew Raine, Consultant Hand Surgeon, Stafford General Hospital
Zaid Sheikh, Consultant Anaesthetist, University Hospitals of Derby & Burton
Ian Shelton, Senior Occupational Therapist, Pulvertaft Hand Centre, Derby
Nurse Practitioner from Pulvertaft Hand Centre, Derby
|Flyer Draft 2019|
|Book and pay online||£150|